Sunday, February 27, 2011

SMARTBRO WebConnect is Useless (a testimonial)

Have you ever tried connecting to http://smart.com.ph/connect/ to lodge a request about your SmartBro account? I did. See below snapshot of SmartBro webconnect, showing an option to request activation or deactivation.

Type of Request: Service Activation / Deactivation

Unfortunately, this service sucks! Your requests will just be recorded in their system but you will never get an update/feedback (though they asked for your email address). Maybe they just compile requests...and nothing else.

After waiting for a few days for Smartbro to process my request, there's not even a single feedback received. I called their customer service and found out that such requests can only be processed on the branches, hence you must go to the wireless center to request deactivation of service!

I never imagined that SmartBro --an internet provider--don't have the capacity to entertain service requests via their Web Connect!

Sooooooooooooo third world!!!

4 comments:

  1. They don't entertain service deactivation request via phone or online because they want to hassle you with going to their wireless center and waiting through a long queue. You will end up getting annoyed and then you'll decide to either (1) continue with their service or (2) drop them without going through their amusing processes. If you choose second option you will be billed even though you aren't anymore using Smart Bro. Then what's next? They will finally cut your subscription after two months! Yey! But wait for a few more months and somebody will call harassing you to pay the subscription + service fee!!! because they have given your name and contact numbers to a credit and collection agency. That's how Smart they are! That's exactly what happened to me --and since I don't want the feeling of being harrassed, I "obliged" myself to pay the two freaking months of unused subscription (friends say I am too good!), but I did not pay the service fee (makes me a little evil,huh!). Allow me to comment again on this blog if I will receive again a call urging me to pay for that service fee. So, for anyone who wants Smart Bro subscription...ask yourself first if you have the time and patience to go to their smart centers and wait for long lines just to request for service deactivation (whether bec. you don't need them anymore or because you are pissed with their smart service). If yes, then get subscribed. If no, then think twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS a smartbro user too and I cannot agree more with your article. They really have a terrible service and connection... now I am opting to use Tattoo or Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using Smartbro for quite some time now and seriously, the service is getting worse and worse. a simple rewards inquiry to the webconnect service(a screwed up one), makes you feel like you're just going around in circles, wasting your time, getting nowhere. So weird they claim that they are the country's leading broadband service provider blahblahblah. So for you people who are planning to subscribe to smartbro, think again. you won't be getting your money's worth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SMART officials and customer service are all damn. My issue with them is almost a year now and they are charging me for the bill that i never even used..FUCK YOU www.SMART.com.

    If only i can check your system i will show you how damn your system is. Why do you always say that you can't filter your subscriber internet activities,you should know how to do that in your system that way you would know if they are really having problems or not - or there will be problem with your base station. Fuck stop telling your base station is down, if the base station is down all of the subscribers within the area should be down and not by selected subscribers. DAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMn

    ReplyDelete